January 24, 2013

Shellac \ \ Masquerade


I wish I could say I was one of those girls that loved painting their nails, truth is...I don't have the patience for it! Don't get me wrong, I love nothing more than changing up my polish every week and wearing the latest, brightest, most sparkliest colours I can find, but I just can't be bothered waiting around for my nails to dry and then they get smudged after all my hard work! When I want to treat myself, I always head straight for my favourite nail salon near where I live to get my nails in shape.


Since I started working in the corporate world, I find I've regularly been getting Shellac. It has literally been my saviour at times! When I am racing about for work in the morning, it's one less thing I have to worry about. My nails literally stay chip-free for up to three weeks and because they constantly have a barrier of protection, my nails have never felt stronger.



With the wide range of colours, I always spend the longest time pondering what colour I should choose! The above colour is what I'm currently wearing on my nails and is one I reach for frequently when I can't seem to make up my mind. Even though we are in the middle of summer and 'Masquerade' is typically more an autumn/winter hue, I just love how chic it is and it's a bonus that it literally goes with just about everything I wear!

{ Do you like Shellac? If you do, I would love to know your favourite colours! }

9 comments:

  1. Pretty color! I hate painting my nails... no matter how hard I try, and how careful I am, my nails always chip within 24 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine is a beauty therapist and this is one of the things she offers. But I still prefer regular polish. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to get a shellac so much but I am so indecisive with my nail colour and I change it way too much and get bored so easily! Your nails looks gorgeous tho, so glossy! :)
    xxx

    http://xosarah-loves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty pretty nails! and super cute bag!

    do you want to follow each other on bloglovin' and gfc? let me know.
    see you around!

    xx
    www.apossiblefantasy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the color of your shirt and the watch!
    great blog!!

    xoxo milla

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all: Great outfit - I love your color blocking style and accessories! ... I've never tried Shellac until yet - but I want to! Therefore I'm glad to read about some experiences with it. I had gel nails for nearby two years but I've removed them two months ago because I wanted to be more flexible and I was sick of having the same nails for three weeks ...

    www.collectedbykatja.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me encanta el bolso, el color es ideal!!!

    http://stylearua.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a nail tech and do Shellac all the time! It's so popular all year round, how amazing is it to have a glossy polish that lasts longer than 2 weeks! My favourite shade atm has to be Fedora, again it's very dark and autmn-y but goes great with everything. Love your accessories, new follower :) xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have any questions, please write me a comment here or tweet me at
@styleinstinct and I'll get back to you!

Feel free to leave your blog address, I would love to check it out!

XO

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)