January 28, 2012

Skincare Review



I always have to switch up my face cleansers & scrubs because after a considerable amount of time of using them my skin seems to get used to the formula and doesn't show the glowing results like it did at the start. Does this happen to anyone else...? Or is it just me ?! I feel like the same goes for hair products as well...maybe its just because I get bored of them too.

Anyway, I was in Priceline as per usual about a week ago and needed to get a new face scrub and cleanser because 1. I had ran out of my Neutrogena face scrub and 2. My face cleanser at the time (The Nivea Daily Essentials, Review below) was just plain useless.  

I was having some breakouts around my chin and seemed to be getting quite a lot of blackheads (I know, ew) around my nose so I thought I would try Clean & Clear again because it always cleared my skin when I was younger. I spotted their Advantage Blackhead Clearing Scrub which I used to use ALL THE TIME and decided to get the Morning Burst Cleanser too.

So Here Are The Reviews:

Clean & Clear Morning Burst Facial Cleanser

The reason I got this was because the formula looked nice with the bursting beads in the packaging and I really believed from this that it would be a brilliant wake me up cleanser. I can't describe the smell but...it  reminds me of cleaning products! I don't know what it is...it just isn't very refreshing. It does do a good job however taking off makeup.

 The other downfall is that the product literally comes out a million miles an hour! As you can see from the photo, that is how much I have used in just under 1 week. No joke! I guess they want this so I'll have to buy another one in a few weeks time. That won't be happening though. Overall, I'm a big person on how something smells and feels and when I apply this I feel like it is stripping my skin (even though it doesn't sting or anything) but just the smell makes me feel like I'm applying detergent to my face! 

Clean & Clear Advantage Blackhead Clearing Scrub

This product was the reason why I am doing this post on face washes/scrubs. I actually first tried this scrub about 6-7 years ago when I was a teenager and was getting the usual breakouts around my chin. This product, no joke, is amazing. I re-purchased this product just under a week ago because at the time I was getting a lot of spots on my chin and around my nose as I said at the start. They were sore and they just didn't seem to be going away. However,  I can now honestly say, all spots have disappeared and my skin looks so much better. 

The packaging says that there is a "special cleansing ingredient that is deposited into the skin, working deep down to clear pores". The formula has done exactly that. My nose is completely blackhead free and just feels and looks so much better. I have been using this every day like it says and it hasn't dried out my skin in the least (and I have really sensitive skin). The product also feels really great on my skin and you know as soon as you start using the product that its working its magic straight away. HIGHLY recommend! 

Nivea Daily Essentials Gentle Cleansing Cream Wash

Okay, so this product definitely isn't a favourite. I'm all about saving time and I want a product that is going to remove majority of my makeup whilst cleansing my face. Usually I'll use a face wipe before I hop into the shower at the end of the day to get majority of my eye and face makeup off. I'll then get into the shower and use my face wash to take off the remaining traces and really cleanse my face. 

I have never really liked Nivea products, they all have that distinct smell and none have really stood out to me throughout the years. The reason I bought this was because it looked calming to my skin and the fact it was especially for Dry and Sensitive Skin, it gave me reassurance that it wouldn't irritate me. However,  all in all, this product is just so weak. I would get out the shower and would use a face wipe to make sure I had no left over traces and would see a swipe of makeup. So annoying! Also, at the time I was using this, I was getting the spots on my chin and this was doing nothing to help combat them or 'purify my skin'  like it states. 

However, If you look at the photo, I've pretty much used all of it. That's because I just put up with it until I thought enough is enough and got the Clean & Clear ones! Overall: Don't recommend! 

Have any of you tried any of these and what are your thoughts? Do you have any recommendations for any other drugstore face cleansers/scrubs? Please tell!

XO
Pauline

1 comment:

  1. My face and hair get used to products very quickly too, so you're not the only one! I've never tried the Clean&Clear blackhead scrub but I think I might have to try it. Great reviews. :)

    xx Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have any questions, please write me a comment here or tweet me at
@styleinstinct and I'll get back to you!

Feel free to leave your blog address, I would love to check it out!

XO

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)