October 17, 2011

My Makeup Routine


I was recently asked to share what makeup I use on my YouTube channel so here they are!


Like I said in the video I made, when it comes to makeup I pretty much stick with the same items once I've found a goodie. If you have been reading my blog from the start, one of my very first posts was on my 5 Makeup Essentials , a year and a bit on and the products are pretty much still the same! I think us girls find it so hard to find the perfect foundation or concealer, the basic items we have in our makeup kits. There are so many colour choices and formulas out there, and once you've found that perfect brand and shade you want to stick with it because it has took you so long to find one that does the job.  

The foundation to any makeup look. I swear by these Sigma makeup brushes. I know every one is sick of hearing about them, but they are popular because they do the job at a very reasonable price! I bought these after hearing about them numerous time on YouTube and they really are as good as MAC but at a much more affordable price. Plus they come in pink which is always a good thing :)





For Foundation I have been using MUFE HD Foundation in #155 for the longest time! It gives you that camera-ready look and I love the coverage it gives. Only downside is the price $$. It is really expensive to buy here (in Australia) so occasionally for day makeup I will switch it up and use the Rimmel  Renew & Lift Foundation in #300 Sand.




Concealers:
Again, I have been using these three for years. If I need extra coverage I will apply the MAC Select Moisture Cover Concealer in NW30 and then the YSL Touche Eclat #2 on top which just really brightens that eye area. For blemishes I will dab the MAC Studio Finish Concealer (cannot tell you the # because it has rubbed off!! Sorry!) around the blemish and never directly on it. By doing this it kinda camouflages the shadow. 













 Powder: I recently started using this when my MUFE HD Microfinish Powder ran out. It was new on the market and so I decided to try it. I bought it in #220 and so far so good however I much prefer my MUFE HD one, I can't wait till it arrives in the post!


Mascara: Without a doubt, Covergirl Lash Blast! Best cheapie mascara on the market. I have tried numerous expensive/designer type mascaras and nothing compares. It does exactly what it is designed to do and never clumps!

Eyelash Curler: I've had this Shu Uemuru curler for  years and again it does exactly what it is meant to do. I haven't really tried many other ones so I couldn't give you an exact review on the quality. All I can say is that it has lasted for many years!




Bronzer:
Smashbox in Suntan Matte. AMAZING! Perfect matte bronzer without all the shimmery bits!

Blush: I have been using Nars in Deep Throat for ages but recently bought the Maybelline Fit Me range of Blush in Medium Pink and it is working great as a combination. I love how the Maybelline one contains none of the shimmer, it's a perfect blush for during the day. 


MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
.
I forgot to mention this product in my video, but I use it as a base for my eyeshadow every day. The colour is the exact same as my skin tone and it really makes my eyeshadow stay on for longer, especially when the hotter months are around!




I picked these up recently and have been using them quite a lot. They are the Maybelline Eyestudio palletes in Pink Persuasion and Give Me Gold. I have many different MAC shadows but decided to give these a try and I really like the combinations plus the quality of them is really good.


Liquid Eyeliner
: I recently bought this Models Prefer eyeliner after wanting a change from my usual MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack. I've always preferred liquid eyeliner as  I just find it so much easier to apply, especially when you wing it out at the edges of your eye. This was insanely cheap, and does a very good job. I got it in the blackest of blacks #JetBlack


I hope you all found this interesting! Have a great day and a great start to the week! XO

13 comments:

  1. Great products! I've been wanting to try Maybelline's Fit Me blush, glad to hear its good. Also, I think I'll check out the Sigma brushes, I really need some new ones. :)

    xx Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Make up forever and NARS products.

    XO,
    Patience
    www.justpatience.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are gorgeous pauline! great post! hows the pigment of the maybelline eye shadows?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nars products are fantastic. Great blog, if you want visit my blog and let me know if you want to follow and I will follow back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing blog!!!i'm following you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have wanted to try the MUFE HD Foundation for the longest time but haven't gotten around to it. I love a fuller coverage foundation so def want to give this a try..I'm sure they had MUFE at IMATS so that was another EPIC FAIL on my behalf that I didn't go and try it. I'm hopeless lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ...and thanks for the sweet comment on my blog earlier today!

    Have a great day!

    http://adamalexmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I learned a lot from this post!Love your blog!!Have a great day!!Kisses!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i definitely need to try the mufe foundation.

    what nail polish are you wearing?

    ReplyDelete
  10. new follower here! love Nars deep throat, one of my all time favourites! also think ill have to check those maybelline eyeshadows out! great blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOO the pink Sigma brushes really caught my eye
    and if it's that good... i will consider buying them for xmas :D
    great post

    http://primpedandprimed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok so now I WANT the fit me blush! Love what makeup you use on a daily basis, such great picks :) the lash blast is also my favourite mascara of all time! I would love to see your fav nail polishes too :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have any questions, please write me a comment here or tweet me at
@styleinstinct and I'll get back to you!

Feel free to leave your blog address, I would love to check it out!

XO

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)